A disturbing revelation has emerged following the rescue of hundreds of victims abducted during the deadly Woro attack in Kwara State, with a lawmaker disclosing that 25 children died while in terrorists’ captivity.
Hon. Saidu Baba-Ahmed, who represents Gwanabe/Gweria/Bani/Adena constituency in the Kwara State House of Assembly, made the disclosure while speaking on the condition of the victims who regained their freedom after spending months in the forest.
According to the lawmaker, the children were among victims abducted from Kwara, Niger and Kebbi states, with some reportedly dying while being moved through the forest. He said the victims were buried in the terrorists’ hideout.
“Twenty-five children from Kebbi, Niger and Kwara states also died in captivity. Some died in transit and were buried there,” Baba-Ahmed said.
He further disclosed that 12 youths allegedly joined the terrorists’ ranks, adding another disturbing dimension to the ordeal suffered by the abductees.
The lawmaker said a total of 176 people were abducted from Kwara, while 163 had so far regained their freedom, leaving 15 still missing.
Two Pregnant Women Return With Babies
Baba-Ahmed also revealed an unexpected development involving two women who were abducted while pregnant.
According to him, the women returned from captivity with babies, although they were no longer pregnant when rescued.
He said the victims had informed authorities that they were not sexually assaulted by their abductors.
Hundreds Rescued After Months in Captivity
The latest development followed the release of hundreds of victims held in terrorist-controlled forests across Kwara and Niger states.
The rescued victims were transported to Ilorin, where many were taken for medical attention. At least 46 victims were receiving treatment at a hospital, while the Kwara State Government took steps to assess their condition before reuniting them with their families.
The victims had been abducted during the deadly attack on Woro community in Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State on February 3, when armed terrorists invaded the community, killed residents and took scores of people into the forest.
Their eventual release followed sustained military operations and coordinated efforts by security agencies.
Governor AbdulRazaq Reacts
Receiving the rescued victims in Ilorin, Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq described the Woro attack as both “sad” and “regrettable.”
The governor also commended President Bola Tinubu for his intervention and support, revealing that the President had approved the establishment of five Army battalions in Omu-Aran, Patigi, Ilemona, Kosubosu and Kaiama.
The return of the victims marks a major breakthrough after months of uncertainty, but the revelations of deaths, missing persons and youths allegedly joining the terrorists have raised fresh concerns over what happened inside the forest during their prolonged captivity.If you want, I can also make the headline more shocking/click-worthy for Facebook and TikTok, while keeping it credible and newsworthy.
Discover more from NATIONAL BEAM
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
















